October 24 – 25,
Presentation by Dan Poynter
Sponsored by Bowker
Discover how to …
Find more buyers
Sell in large quantities
More information: http://tinyurl.com/kxucber
Save 50% on How to Make Real Money Selling Books with all the information you need to sell books to non-bookstore buyers – who and how to contact. Use Promo Code APSS upon check out: http://tinyurl.com/lbvs5fd
September 30: "20 Ways You Can Sell More Books with an APSS Membership;" 6:00 pm ET; Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/lhn2hzo
The recording of "Making Persuasive Presentations For Large-Quantity Sales" is at http://tinyurl.com/ljmojls
The recording of "How to Sell Your Self-Published Book to a 'Real' Publisher," is www.bookapss.org/ShelHorowitz.wmv
Sell more books with
information from book-marketing experts in Brian Jud's FREE bi-weekly
Here are 12 reasons why you should attend Book-Selling University, October 24-25 in Philadelphia. There are many more, but this is a good start.
1) Increase your revenue with sales to non-bookstore buyers. Sell more books in a growing marketplace that is larger in size and opportunity than the bookstore market. If you do not seek book sales outside of bookstores than you may be missing half of your potential. Or, to look at it from a different perspective, you could…
October 24-25 in Philadelphia -- sponsored by Bowker
Did you know that book buyers spend an average of 3 to 8 seconds studying your cover before deciding whether to say YES to your book? A whopping 75% of booksellers say that the cover is the most important element of the book. In this fast-paced, content-rich session, you'll learn from one of the nation's top book cover designers how bestselling book covers are created and the secrets behind each integral component, masterfully positioned to make the sale.
• See how one author revamped her old outdated cover and sold over one million books — without being in a bookstore.
• Hear now an author used his book cover to position himself as the leading industry expert and landed a $300,000 consulting contract.
• Discover ways to resuscitate an old book that is withering-on-the-vine and transform it into a vibrant, new profit center.
• Learn what you can do on your own, when to hire a professional, and how to work effectively with your cover designer.
• Experience mind-blowing step-by-step cover makeovers — so you don't make the same costly mistakes!
• Master an incredibly simple method of leveraging your book for high-end specialty sales.
See the full agenda and more information at www.bookapss.org/APSS2014Agenda.pdf
The Top 10 Colors for Genre Book Covers
Here you will find instructions for creating a marketing plan for a non-fiction book.
Click on the spotlight and sign in to get all this information. You will need your APSS membership number to access the information.
Preparing strategy and marketing plans is analogous to what tracks are to a train. They keep the train heading towards its destination but they do not propel it forward. It is up to you to perform the actions, creating the power and energy for forward motion.
Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi is the classic book that introduced the idea of ‘flow’ — those delicious moments when the challenge we face is so exquisitely matched to our capabilities that we lose our sense of time, even our sense of self.
“It takes a lot of courage to show your dream to someone else.”
A high school English teacher drew a dot on the blackboard and asked the class what it was. "A chalk dot on the blackboard," was the only response. The surprised teacher said, " I did this exercise with a group of kindergartners and they thought of 50 different things it could be: a squashed bug, an owl's eye, the top of a telephone pole as seen from a plane." What would five-year-old children see if they were looking at your project?
Scribd www.scribd.com: This personal digital library features e-book subscriptions for virtually unlimited access to the world’s largest collection of e-books and written works. Works include everything from classics to bestsellers to landmark court filings. The books are synced automatically, so you can download anywhere.
The APSS Book-Selling University can help you sell fiction to non-bookstore buyers. See how at www.bookapss.org/APSS2014Agenda.pdf