SPANnet - Self Publishing Information

Hello ... Things are progressing nicely with the book I'm helping edit and get ready for self-publication -- the First 30 Days to Serenity.  Super Star (the author) and I are working closely together and the book is getting closer to print!  That's exciting and yet challenging at times as it's our first time doing this.  There is so much to learn!

I'd like to check off one more thing on my list of things to do but I'm in a creative block ... we have an "introduction" which was written by the author and highlights why he wrote the book and what he'd like readers to get from reading his book.

I don't like the word "introduction" ... sounds too blah for me.  The business name is ROCKSTAR SUPERSTAR PROJECT so I'd like to change introduction to something more clever.  Any ideas??

Thanks so much!

Rockstar Superstar Project

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

Margi,

I can help you brainstorm on this, with a quote from

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/introduction

Synonyms
3. Introduction, foreword, preface  refer to material given at the front of a book to explain or introduce it to the reader. A foreword  is part of the front matter and is usually written by someone other than the author, often an authority on the subject of the book. A preface  is the author's own statement, and often includes acknowledgments. It follows the foreword  (if there is one) and is also part of the front matter. The introduction  is always by the author. It may be extensive and is usually printed as part of the text.

How traditional do you want to be? Do you want people to still easily recognize that it is the introduction or preface?

Or would you like for it to be an introduction in purpose only, and have a completely non-traditional name?

For example, you could name it "4word", and have it still be fairly traditional, but kinda cliche and stale sounding in 2011.

Or, just title it something that relates to the intros content like "Ducks jump when bats flap..." which is random, but if the intro is about ducks and bats then it is less random and actually relevant...

Just some thoughts to help keep the juices flowing. Run with them in any direction that you might like..

bradley flora

SPANnet.org

Thanks Bradley!!   I was thinking something catchy ... maybe Rockin' Intro to bring in the Rockstar Superstar Project name ... or Beginning of Serenity but maybe that's too long ... then my brain goes blank... Thanks for the tips ... I'll keep pondering this ... !!!!

See all my ... that shows my creative breaks in my brain functioning tonight!!   Thanks again Bradley!!

RSS

Support These Suppliers

© 2014   Created by Brian Jud

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service